A garage fire killed two dogs this morning in Bartholomew County.
The Bartholomew County sheriff’s department is reporting that Sergeant Jason Lancaster was first on the scene, arriving at 7:29 a.m. to the fire in the 4700 block of West Compton Drive. He discovered the garage was fully engulfed in flames by the time he arrived.
The homeowner and her three children escaped the blaze with no injuries. An electric space heater was being used to warm the garage where the fire started.
Firefighters from the German Township, Clifford and and Columbus Township volunteer fire departments worked together to extinguish the fire.