Property tax bills are due in less than two weeks and the Bartholomew County Treasurer’s Office wants you to be aware of your payment options. Pia O’Connor, county treasurer, says that the fall installment of 2017 property tax bills are due Monday, Nov. 13th. She says that the following payment options are available:
• Mail — Send remittance to Bartholomew County Treasurer’s office, PO Box 1986, Columbus, IN 47202. Must be post marked by the due date.
• Banks – must have statement – Centra Credit Union, First Financial Bank, Jackson County Bank, MainSource Bank or Salin Bank.
• 24-hour drop box — Third Street side of Governmental Office Building, 440 Third St. Envelopes provided. Include copy of statement, parcel number or address.
• In person — Treasurer’s office during business hours, 8-5 Monday – Friday. The Treasurer’s office will be closed on November 10th in observance of Veteran’s Day
• Credit card — Instructions on back of statement or bartholomew.in.gov. Credit card companies will assess a fee.
A five-percent penalty will apply for any payments as many as 30 days late, after December 10th, a 10-percent penalty will apply. In addition, O’Connor says that the County Treasurer’s office will be closed on Friday, November 10th in observance of Veteran’s Day.
For more information, visit bartholomew.in.gov or call (812) 379-1530.