Heritage Fund: The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County recently awarded Community Fund grants totaling more than $90,000 to organizations whose programs benefit county residents.
Grant recipients were:
• Atterbury-Bakalar Air Museum – $20,000 to construct a building to store and protect museum artifacts, add a large area for restoration and display creation, and free up museum space for more exhibits.
• Bartholomew County Historical Society – $30,000 for repairs to the Henry Breeding Farm barn, including repair of the metal roof, rotten floorboards, exterior walls and windows to prevent water penetration.
• Dyslexia Institute of Indiana – $20,000 to provide financial assistance to students attending Camp Delafield Columbus, a four-week day-camp for youth with dyslexia held at Columbus Youth Camp.
• Foundation For Youth – $10,000 to support the purchase of new customer relationship management software.
• Ivy Tech Foundation – $10,350 to implement a peer-to-peer suicide prevention program (Hope Squad) at the IUPUC and Ivy Tech Columbus campuses.