Several fundraisers are planned to aid a Seymour police officer and his family, after they lost their home in a Sunday morning fire.
Officer Gilbert Carpenter, the department’s DARE officer, his wife and his two children were uninjured in the fire, but their home is a total loss. The Seymour Police Department is announcing several fundraisers scheduled to aid the family:
- Brewskies will be holding a fundraiser from 5 to 10 this evening, Dec. 21st. For every steak dinner purchased, $4 will be donated to Officer Gilbert Carpenter and his family.
- Tomorrow Dec. 22nd, Celebrations will be having an event with live bands starting at 7 p.m. and a silent auction. Tickets start at $6 or you can reserve a table for $20. Doors will open at 6 p.m. If you would like to donate something for the auction you can text 812-569-0287 for drop off details.
- On Monday Dec. 26th, Pizza Palace will donate a percentage of all sales that day to the family.
- Sharayah Cornwell Photography is organizing a memory drive to help the family rebuild their collection of family photos which were destroyed in the fire. If you have any photos of the family of Gilbert and Amy Carpenter, you can give them to the photo studio to reproduce.
- A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family. There have been $9,000 in donations toward the $10,000 goal as of this morning. You can find more information here.
Correction: We had the officer’s last name incorrect in an earlier version of this story. We apologize for the mistake.