The Indiana Department of Transportation has issued a permit restricting State Road 46 lanes this Saturday in Columbus beginning for the Mill Race Marathon. These closures go into effect at 7 a.m.
Here is what the traffic pattern will look like:
• Jonathan Moore Pike/Brown Street will be restricted to two lane between S.R. 11 and Second Street from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m.
• Third Street will be restricted to one lane from Central Avenue to Brown Street from 7 until 9 a.m.
• State Street will have two eastbound lanes and one westbound lane open between Central Avenue and Marr Road between 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. There will be no access to the center turn lane.
• Third Street will be closed from Lindsay Street to Jonathon More Pike from 7:40 until 8:15 a.m. At the bridge, runners will occupy the two south side lanes while vehicular traffic has access to the north side lane.
• There will be traffic control at the Brown Street/Third Street intersection from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. to allow runners to cross.
• There will be traffic control at U.S. Highway 31’s intersection with Westenedge Drive/Home Avenue between 8:20 and 3 p.m. to allow runners to cross. U.S. 31 traffic will be restricted to a single lane in each direction.