The Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (BCSC) is closing in on hiring a new superintendent. The board held a special public hearing Monday evening outlining the contract that it plans to offer a candidate.
A BCSC official said that the search has been narrowed down to a few finalists. While names weren’t discussed, that same official told WCSI that a successor to Dr. John Quick would be named on April 11, “if all goes well.”
BCSC Board President Dr. Jill Shedd and School Corporation Attorney Kelly Benjamin presented the contract proposal during the meeting, held at the BCSC Administration Building. Shedd explained that, by law, the initial contract has to be three-years in length. She added that after the third year, employment with the district is year-to-year. The proposed contract includes:
- Annual Salary (1st year) $170,000
- 10.5% Retirement
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Annual 401(a)/403(b) Plan Contribution
- $500,000 Life Insurance
- Annual Auto Allowance of $10,000
- Annual Professional Development Allowance and Membership Fees of $4,000
- One‐time moving expense not to exceed $5,000 if moving from out-of-district
- 20 paid vacation days and recognized holidays, as well as the same number of sick and general leave granted all teachers and administrators.
No votes were taken, as Monday’s meeting was simply a public hearing. The next meeting, scheduled for April 11 at CSA-New Tech, will include a vote on the contract and, possibly, the introduction of the new superintendent. Dr. John Quick, is retiring at the end of this school year.
You can view a full copy of the draft contract at the BCSC website at www.bcsc.k12.in.us