Bartholomew Consolidated Schools are closing in on hiriing a new superintendent. Dr. Jill Shedd, president of the school baord, says that first they must hold a public hearing on the contract they are planning to offer a candidate.
Shedd said that the search has been narrowed down to a few finalists, but said confidentiality wouldn’t allow her to specify how many remain. But state law requires the public hearing before a contract can be offered. The three-year contract would Include:
- Annual Salary (1st year) $170,000
- 10.5% Retirement
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Annual 401(a)/403(b) Plan Contribution
- $500,000 Life Insurance
- Annual Auto Allowance of $10,000
- Annual Professional Development Allowance and Membership Fees of $4,000
- One‐time moving expense not to exceed $5,000 if moving from out-of-district
- 20 paid vacation days and recognized holidays, as well as the same number of sick and general leave granted all teachers and administrators.
A public meeting seeking comments on the contract will be held at 7 p.m. March 28th, in the BCSC administration building on Central Avenue. Shedd said that after the hearing is held, the new superintendent will likely be announced and the board will vote to approve the contract at its first meeting in April.
Current Superintendent, Dr. John Quick, is retiring at the end of this school year.
School officials say that a full copy of the draft contract is available at the BCSC website at www.bcsc.k12.in.us