A Columbus man was arrested on 11 charges after a crash yesterday on Pence Street.
Lt. Matt Harris, spokesman for the Columbus Police Department, says that the county’s Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team and the city police, had a warrant for the arrest of 32-year-old Thomas E. Childers on narcotics dealing charges. He was seen driving a car on State Street yesterday at about 4:30 p.m. yesterday.
When officers tried to pull him over, he allegedly fled before crashing into a parked vehicle. Childers then ran into a building where he was arrested after a struggle with officers, Harris said.
Officers saw narcotics in the residence and got a search warrant, Harris said. They allegedly recovered about two grams of heroin, 15 hypodermic needles, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a stolen computer.
Childers was arrested on a slew of charges including:
- Two Bartholomew County Circuit Court warrants for dealing in a narcotic drug.
- Resisting Law Enforcement by Vehicle
- Resisting Law Enforcement on Foot
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession of a Legend Drug Injection Device
- Driving While Suspended/Prior Conviction
- Reckless Driving
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
40-year-old Chad A. Mitchell was also arrested on a charge of maintaining a common nuisance.