The ballots are set for the May 3, primary election in Bartholomew County. Filing closed at noon today.
In local races:
- Scott C. Andrews will face Kelly S. Benjamin in the Republican primary for Bartholomew Circuit Court judge.
- Clayton R. Nolting will face Ronald W. Shadley in the Republican primary for county coroner. Paula K. Rothrock has also filed as Democrat.
- E.R. Gray has no opponent in the race for county surveyor in the primary or the general election.
- Larry S. Kleinhenz, Jorge R. “George” Morales and Susan Thayer Fye have filed to run as Republicans for the First District seat on the County Commissioners. No Democrats filed for that race.
- Rick Flohr is unopposed for the Republican nomination for District 3 County Commissioner and Brad Woodcock is unopposed as the Democratic nominee.
- Five candidates filed as Republicans for the three at-large seats on the County Council: William F. “Bill” Lentz, Michael Lovelace, Matt Miller, Evelyn Strietelmeier Pence and James “Jim” Reed. Three Democrats have also filed; Gabrielle “Gaby” Cheek, Pam Clark and Lynne L. Fleming.
- Three Republicans and three Democrats filed for the three seats on the Hartsville Town Council. Republicans are Michael W. “Mike” Crull, Rex L. Dora and Steven Rucker. Democrats are Lisa L. Hayes, Mark IMel and Jeremy Kimball.
- No Republican nor Democrat filed to run for Hartsville clerk-treasurer.
- In Hope Town Council Ward 1, the only candidate is Edward Johnson, a Democrat. Democrats Nellie Meek and Greg Sims filed for the Ward 2 seat. Ohmer Miller filed as Republican for the Ward 3 seat.
- Diane Burton filed as an independent for Hope clerk-treasurer.